Re: [gedit-list] Tutorial On How To Build Gedit

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 11:25 AM, Jeff Johnston
<jeff johnston mn gmail com> wrote:
> Which distribution do you use? I tried for the better part of a day to get
> gedit built from the git repositories with no luck. I use Ubuntu 10.10.

I use both Ubuntu 10.04 and Fedora 13 without any problems. I agree
however that getting the first time used to
building with jhbuild might be dirty.

> Way too many problems to post. At times I was modifying source code to get
> it to compile just to get further, but really the dependency issues proved
> to be more work than it was worth. In the end I figure I am better off just
> working on the latest (2.30.3)...unless there is a distribution that is more
> build friendly with the latest git repositories.

Normally, git sources should always compile. However, sometimes they
don't and you are better asking in #gedit about your error.

A valuable hint is to use the --ignore-suggest option when building.
Other hint is to clone libpeas by hand and compile it under jhbuild
shell.