Re: [gedit-list] Same filename tabs

Hey,

you can just put the mouse over the tab and you will get quite some information. Also the title of the window should give you some.

Regards.

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Peter Waller <peter waller gmail com> wrote:
Hi All,

I often have to edit several files with the same name (such as "__init__.py"). It would be useful if the tab names gave me more information in this case, such as enough path behind the file to make the tab name unique.

Is anyone aware of anything like this existing as a plugin for gedit, or being thought about by anyone?

If not, I might have a crack at a plugin for it. Before I even start at such a thing, is it possible? Can I tweak at tab names from a plugin or is this something which would require fundamental changes to gedit to work?

Cheers,

- Peter