[gedit-list] Matching bracket limit

I assume the number of characters searched for a matching bracket is currently a constant since I see no way to change it (2.22.3 on Ubuntu, 2.30 at home on Windows). If I’m incorrect, please point me to the place in the UI where I can modify it. If I’m right, where do I make a feature request to make that limit user settable?

I’ve been frustrated one too many times today. I work on other people’s code a lot, and I want to check that I haven’t screwed up the existing block structure. And I need to use it on BIG blocks. Pages and pages. Today’s failing block size was about 45,000 characters. Sorry, arguments about restructuring the code to make it smaller will fall on deaf ears here. I need bracket matching to work when I need it to work. If it’s a performance problem, making it user settable will allow me to set the limit high when I need to check, and then set it back down to maintain acceptable performance. And also a “no limit/until EOF” setting would be ideal.

thanks,

-jim