[gedit-list] autodetect markup language on file open

hello:

I use gedit to write ConTeXt documents (a TeX macropackage separate from
LaTeX).

I have a rudimentary context.lang file for syntax highlighting and it
works if I manually tell gedit what the markup language is.

I would like gedit to autodetect on file open whether I am editing a
LaTeX file or ConTeXt file. However it is standard for both documents to
end with the same glob pattern '*.tex'. Gedit believes that every file
ending in '*.tex' is LaTeX.

Is there some strategy around using mimetype and magic sniffing to have
gedit figure it out?

Thanks