[gedit-list] Navigating to a file/line from the Shell Output

In gedit 2.28.0 (Ubuntu 9) it used to be possible to navigate to a file when the file name and line number were printed on the Shell Output window ("/path/to/file.ext:123"). It underlined the file path and it was possible to click it (although there was a bug that if the line contained non-ASCII characters, then the underlining was misaligned and clicking did not work).

In gedit 2.30.2 (Ubuntu 10) it is not anymore possible to click and navigate to the files. This make it hard to develop software, because I can't click the stack traces of failed tests to navigate to the line. How can I get the old behaviour back?

--
Esko Luontola
www.orfjackal.net