Re: [gedit-list] GEdit plugin help

2010/3/2 DerekVeit <dv8box-nabble yahoo com>:
> I haven't used it, but the "Find in Files" plugin on
> http://live.gnome.org/Gedit/Plugins seems to do what you're describing.

This is searching contents of files not the filenames. The idea with
mine is you press Ctrl+Shift+R and a dialog pops up with a list of
filenames and an edit field. As you type the list reduces to matching
files then you can press up and down etc to select one and open it.
The idea is that it becomes really quick to switch to files if you
know their name.

> That plugin has a function get_filebrowser_root that reads the GConf
> settings to get this.

I should be able to do something with this, thanks ;-)

James