Re: [gedit-list] Templates for Latex Documents

Hi Jesse,

thank you for reply my message. I will try to contact the author of Latex-Plugin. After I wrote my message I note that
I can ask for a new latex file directly through the keyboard pressing ctrl+alt+N. But if I saved my template in ISO-8859-1.
They always open mangled up if the template have a phrase like that:
Este é um modelo de arquivo para ser usado em textos que serão escritos em Português.

I tryed to create the templates in Unicode UTF-8 but, my Gedit is having troubles to recognize automatically the encoding
for files that are saved in this format.
Are you think that both issues are concerning to the Latex-plugin people ?

Thank you again,

Leandro.

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 4:41 AM, Jesse van den Kieboom <jessevdk gnome org> wrote:
Leandro wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if you could help me to lead with the following issues.
> I saved some  templates for LaTeX documents that I am using a lot. But
> when I launch Gedit and try to create a new document from those
> templates I am allowed to do this "if and only if" I have some Latex
> file opened in main window.
> In fact, the similar problems occurs when I need other functionalities
> of Gedit-Latex-Plugin and I have not any LaTeX file opened in the main
> window.
> So my questions are:
> 1) how to enable "New Latex Document" in the "File" menu having not a
> tex file opened ?
> 2) how to let on by default the Gedit-Latex-plugin when I launch Gedit
> with no LaTeX file in main window ?
We are not maintaining any of these plugins, so it's probably better to
ask their respective authors directly. Maybe they are on this list too,
but I'm not entirely sure (I thought at least for the latex plugin the
guy was on it).