Re: [gedit-list] embedded wiki-markup

Hi Tomas,

Point 1: Check out Zen Coding plugin for gedit which does the same in another way:
http://github.com/fmarcia/zen-coding-gedit

Point 2: As far as i know it is possible with regular expressions.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Eckhard.

Zitat von tsr <tsr offentlig tsr se>:

Hi,

I intend to develop a desktop wiki/pim based on gtkSourceView and
Creole-markup (with some extensions).

I want to understand two things before I put too many hours into this.
(Please note that I have a very basic understanding of gsv and how its
different parts interact with each other and the rest of gtk, but also
how gtk in general works)

1. Is it possible to write a language-definition that renders markup?

So that when the gsv-parser for example encounters:
=Sample heading
it outputs:
<h1>Sample heading</h1> (<- these tags should be read as GtkTextTags)

2. is it possible to inject a language-definition into the others?

(I've seen some mentioning about inline-css rendered in html-views).

The main use for 'my' desktop wiki is like other similar applications
(like zim-wiki or tomboy), but I also want to be able to use (and
render) the wiki markup in other languages comments (both multiline and
single-line) so that for example in a c-source file:

/*
==Todo
* Stuff
** substuff a
** substuff b
* UI
** UI 1
** UI 2
*/

Renders as:
(Again, read tags as GtkTextTags, I know very little about them, I just
assume they work mostly like xhtml-tags)

<multi-comment>/*
<h2>Todo</h2>
<ul>
  <li>Stuff
    <ul>
      <li>substuff a</li>
      <li>substuff b</li>
    </ul>
  </li>
  <li>UI
    <ul>
      <li>UI 1</li>
      <li>UI 2</li>
    </ul>
  </li>
*/

Ok, I hope that I have made myself clear (all of this is still a bit
foggy for me) so that you are able to answer my questions.

Hopefully,
Tomas