Re: [gedit-list] Changing the colour of the right margin

You can change the right margin color with a line like this in the style file: <style name="right-margin" foreground="red" background="blue"/>

Style files are in these directories:
  /usr/share/gtksourceview-2.0/styles
  ~/.gnome2/gedit/styles

The foreground setting is for the line and the background setting is for the area to the right of it. Both colors are rendered with a lot of transparency. The line is 40/255 opaque (about 84% transparent) and the right area is 15/255 opaque (about 94% transparent). So you probably will want to set both colors to strong colors, like black or blue. Make sure whatever color name you use is defined with a value.

Derek