Re: [gedit-list] Line wrapping when a dot is preceded but not followed by a space

Jean-Philippe Fleury wrote:
Hi,

I have a question about line wrapping when a dot is preceded but not
followed by a space, whenever we're working with plain text or any
syntax highlighting. Say we have this single line (no line break):

Contenu de `$boites`: .fichierConfigAdminGaleries,
#ajoutParametresAdminGaleries, .aideAdminGaleries

On my gedit working area, I got 97 characters wide, and the string above
has 100 characters. There should be a line wrap after this:

"#ajoutParametresAdminGaleries,"

but gedit treats

"#ajoutParametresAdminGaleries, .aideAdminGaleries"

as a single word. Since there's a space before ".aideAdminGaleries", is
this behavior normal? Should not it be instead considered as two words?
The soft wrapping is implemented in GtkTextView which uses pango word boundaries as far as I know. Maybe they changed something recently, because I also thought it should wrap that differently. Anyway, the proper place to file a bug about this is GtkTextView (or possibly pango).
See the attached screen shots that illustrates what I mean.

Regards,

Jean-Philippe