Re: [gedit-list] gedit

On Tue, 2010-12-21 at 12:46 +0100, Nacho wrote:
> Thanks, it is good to receive this kind of mails :)
> On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 3:09 PM, Samuel de Champlain
> <samueldechamplain gmail com> wrote:
>         Just a short email to say how great a tool gedit is.
>         Thanks.

+1 : I use gedit all day - fast, stable, and productive.

The "external tools" and python console are fantastic.  When I showed my
coworkers how to cut-n-paste a list of id values into gedit and in two
clicks turn it into a quoted-set such as can be used in an SQL IN (...)
clause it was ... "Wow!"

Only gripe I ever run into is opening a file that has *very* long lines,
like an XML file (with no line breaks).  gedit goes a bit crazy;  if
there were an option to give-up-syntax-highlighting-quickly that would
be appreciated.