Re: [gedit-list] Tutorial On How To Build Gedit

It looks to me like you are trying to compile the latest gedit from the git repositories. To do that you would need to be using the development branch from gnome as all the dependencies are under development as well. I have not yet experienced trying to get the latest gnome running.

If you want to build the latest production version of gedit then you can download the latest tar file.

http://ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/GNOME/sources/gedit/2.30/

-Jeff