[gedit-list] Tutorial On How To Build Plugins

I created a tutorial that shows how to setup and build a gedit plugin. I struggled through this recently, but by looking at the gedit plugins project I was able to figure it out. I am hoping that this helps someone else get their plugin up and running a little faster.

http://code.google.com/p/codeslayer/wiki/HowToBuildGeditPlugin

Then, if someone could shed light on some things that I have not figured out.

In the "plugins/projectsmanager/Makefile.am" section I wrote that I was not able to figure out how the projectsmanager.gedit-plugin is generated from the projectsmanager.gedit-plugin.desktop.in file. Does anyone know how this is done?

Also, I am still learning how the po files work. I think the following is used to merge text and is defined in the plugins Makefile.am.

%.gedit-plugin: %.gedit-plugin.desktop.in $(INTLTOOL_MERGE) $(wildcard $(top_srcdir)/po/*po) ; $(INTLTOOL_MERGE) $(top_srcdir)/po $< $@ -d -u -c $(top_builddir)/po/.intltool-merge-cache

When I run it though I get the following message. Any idea on what this means?

jeff jeff-desktop:~/workspace/codeslayer/trunk$ autoreconf
plugins/projectsmanager/Makefile.am:35: `%'-style pattern rules are a GNU make extension
plugins/projectsmanager/Makefile.am:35: wildcard $(top_srcdir: non-POSIX variable name
plugins/projectsmanager/Makefile.am:35: (probably a GNU make extension)
jeff jeff-desktop:~/workspace/codeslayer/trunk$