Re: [gedit-list] LaTeX syntax highlighting

Paolo Borelli wrote:
You need to look at latex.lang to see which styles you need to specify. [...]
Hi Paolo,

Great, thanks! This did the trick. And it increased my understanding of gedit and of GNOME in general!

I skimmed over the gtksourceview documentation at http://projects.gnome.org/gtksourceview/ which gave rise to a follow-up question: I would like to assign each pauir of {} and [] parentheses/brackets a special style but I don't seem to get this working... Here is what I did: (1) In latex.lang, I added the following block in the definitions section:
        <context id="parentheses" style-ref="parentheses">
            <keyword>\{</keyword>
            <keyword>\}</keyword>
            <keyword>\[</keyword>
            <keyword>\]</keyword>
        </context>
(2) In the styles-section of the same file, I added the line
(3) Of course, in my gedit style definition, I added the line
But for some reason, the parentheses/brackets do not get displayed in bold white. I tried restarting gedit and even my entire machine -- without effect...

This is not crucial, but I'd be very grateful for advice.

Thanks a lot,
Holger

Sent from the Gnome - Gedit mailing list archive at Nabble.com.