Re: [gedit-list] Switching documents in the documents panel

Thanks for responding Jan.

Actually I am aware of the shortcuts you mentioned but they don't quite address the use case I have in mind.

Lets say you have 30 or 40 documents opened;  then switching to a document by entering its partial name in the document panel is what you really want as opposed to sequentially cycling thru each document until you get there (ctrl+alt+pageup/down);  alt+# limits your reach to just 10 documents.

The document panel approach selects the target document in the left panel without switching the document tab;  and that, IMO, sort of defeats its purpose.  That's why I suspect I am missing something and I am hoping someone will either point out a key stroke that synchonizes the document tab with the selected entry in the documents panel or clarify the purpose of the panel in case I am totally off.

thanks,
--KM

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 7:20 AM, Jan Niklas Hasse <jhasse gmail com> wrote:
On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 11:03 PM, kaleb
moreland<kaleb moreland gmail com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> In the documents panel I can partially type the name of an opened document
> and Gedit will highlight the entry of the matched document in the panel.
> What I cannot find, however, is a way to switch to the corresponding
> document *tab* using the keyboard.  I searched the archives without any
> luck.  It seems that I am missing something obvious here.  Can anyone
> enlighten me on this?
>
> thanks,
> -KM

Try CTRL + ALT + PAGEUP/DOWN or ALT + 0 - 9