Re: [gedit-list] plugin developement - how to edit a panels toolbar?

Rodrigo Lopes wrote:
Hello, the file browser plugin pane adds a item(widget) in the left panel. I want to add a icon to its toolbar pane, but my icon is showing up on the top gedit toolbar.

This is what I tried:

ui_str = """<ui>
  <toolbar name="ToolBar">
    <placeholder name="Tool_Opt3">
<toolitem name="ExamplePy" action="ExamplePy"/> </placeholder>
  </toolbar>
</ui>
"""

I'm based on the file browser plugin ui description. That is:
<ui>
  <toolbar name="ToolBar">
    <placeholder name="Tool_Opt1"/>
    <separator/>
    <toolitem action="DirectoryRefresh"/>
    <separator/>
    <placeholder name="Tool_Opt2"/>
    <separator/>
    <toolitem action="FilterHidden"/>
    <separator/>
    <placeholder name="Tool_Opt3"/>
  </toolbar>
</ui>

I think that if I had the same UIManager as the plugin has, I could do this job. Is it possible to access the plugin's UIManager? Is there another way to edit this toolbar?
Basicly no, you can't change that toolbar from another plugin like that. What we could do is expose this similarly to how you can extend the context menu of the file browser widget, namely using the message bus API. Then you could add/remove toolbar buttons. What do you want to use this for? Is it possible that you could the same with putting new items in the context menu (which is preferable)?

Jesse

Thanks

--
Rodrigo Lopes