Re: [gedit-list] Is there a signal for text selection?

steve love schreef:
Thanks for the response, Paolo. You'll have to forgive me; I'm pretty new at this. I'm having trouble figuring out which object has the "has_selection" property. Can you point me in the right direction? Or perhaps tell me where to find some helpful documentation?
It is the GtkTextView which has this property (in gedit this is GeditView which descends from GtkSourceView which descends from GtkTextView). The easiest way to browse and search gtk+ documentation is to install the application 'devhelp'.

Jesse

Thanks again,
Steve

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 4:00 AM, Paolo Borelli <pborelli katamail com <mailto:pborelli katamail com>> wrote:

    Il giorno ven, 24/04/2009 alle 22.54 -0600, steve love ha scritto:
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I've been RTFM'ing all evening. Is there a signal that would allow a
    > plugin to listen for text selection? I'd like to listen for
    selecting
    > text by any method: double-clicking, dragging the cursor,
    Shift+Arrow
    > Keys, etc.
    >
    > Or, failing that, is there a way to listen for cursor movement
    (after
    > which I can test "get_has_selection")?

    Since "has_selection" is a property, you can use the "notify"
    signal to
    see when the property changes. At that point you can grab the
    selection
    with get_selected()

    ciao
           Paolo