Re: [gedit-list] search box

Il giorno dom, 26/10/2008 alle 11.17 +0100, Nicolò Chieffo ha scritto:
> Well, why don't you like search bars, just to know? Doesn't the fact
> that the search window covers lost of space disturb you?
>
> I started to use the incremental search bar using your hints (arrow
> keys, right click), but I cannot understand why it's placed there (it
> covers the first 4-5 words of the page). Can you place it next to the
> tab? or in the status bar? or near the search button? or anywhere else
> it does not cover text?

The search bar would cover text too... at the end of the day it's a
trade-off among not covering text and putting it somewhere that makes it
clear that the search entry is relative to the current tab (which would
not be clear if it was in the toolbar - which by the way could be
hidden). The statusbar could be hidden too and I do not like having the
search entry at the bottom of the window since it is not the place where
I usually look (which is also one of the reasons why I do not like the
search-bar).