Re: [gedit-list] Themes

Il giorno gio, 23/10/2008 alle 22.54 -0700, brad ha scritto:
> hello -- hey what happened to Gedit's preferences (2.22.3)? In earlier
> versions, customizing color preferences (for highlighting etc) was
> perfect and easy.  Now all you can get is the four built in themes. What
> gives? Isn't this a step backward offering less options?

Well, I would not call the old way "perfect and easy": you had to change
manually every style of every language.
The new highlighting is much more powerful than the old one and also the
styling is much more complicated: for instance a style can now set the
color of "keywords" across all the language, but also special case the
color of keywords for just a language (e.g. "c:keywords"). The old gui
was not flexible enough so it had to go... we would not be opposed to a
good gui to create new color schemes if someone contributes it, but it's
not as easy as it seems
For most users it looks like choosing among predefined schemes is good
enough and power users can create style schemes manually, that's why a
gui dialog is not at the top of our todo list.

Ciao