From: Jason Walker <jaywalkie yahoo com>
To: gedit-list gnome org
Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2008 7:49:54 AM
Subject: Re: [gedit-list] Fwd: hiliting words that contain digits and underscores by double clicking

As to the Gtk signal, i found this:
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk-faq/stable/x544.html
One learns everyday :)
Regards,
Jay

From: Jason Walker <jaywalkie yahoo com>
To: gedit-list gnome org
Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2008 7:09:45 AM

Honestly I don't know if this same method is called for other cases where the word selection may be triggered. I know it was called when GtkTextView capture GDK_2BUTTON_(something, I don't recall). Well, at least now i know that it's not a simple configuration issue. Maybe gsv should capture (somehow, I don't know) this mouse event, and then signal the managing program (gedit, in our case). In case there is no slot registered, it can return it back to gtk so that it can do whatever it is doing right now. But I don't know how it will capture this mouse event or how to hand it back to gtk. Even a proof of concept would be nice, I think.

Regards,
Jay