[gedit-list] bash syntax highlighting/erratic text pasting

Hello,

I really enjoy gedit, and have for some time.  I was wondering if there is a
solution to the lack of syntax highlighting for bash, some kind of plug-in
maybe?  I have done some googling on this, and searched these forums as
well, and found nothing.  Has this not been a question for anyone else, or
am I just missing something obvious?

Also, I was wondering about the erratic pasting of text, where when I
attempt to paste and insert text into a document, the text will often be
inserted into a different portion of the document.  It happens about 10% of
the time, and is quite disconcerting when it happens.  Gedit has done this
for a long time, has there never been a fix for it?

Thank you,

Allasso