[gedit-list] Rails formatting - some rhtml files are fine, others aren't.

I just did a new ubuntu install and i'm trying to get gedit's color
formatting for rhtml and html.erb files working.
I followed some instructions here (posted elsewhere on this forum):
http://www.bitsbam.com/

The weird thing is, some .rhtml files are fine and some aren't.  The broken
ones look the same whether i change the extension to .html.erb or .rhtml.

It gets weirder:  let's say i have file A, which is nicely colored, and file
B, which has broken formatting.  If i copy the contents of A into B
(replacing the contents of B) then the formatting works.   If i then hit
undo, to get B's text back, the formatting looks good.  But, when i save the
file, the formatting breaks again.

I used to run ubuntu in a VM in windows and i had a similar thing there,
where some rhtml files were just completely unformatted and others were
fine.  Has anyone else seen something like this?