[gedit-list] LaTeX plugin Bibtex key completion doesn't work

Well, it works sometimes, on the odd Bibtex entry. I've only just
started playing with this so haven't spent the time to discover an
obvious pattern yet re which bibtex entries are picked up. More often
than not I just get the word 'Key' popping up, and when it does also
display a key, it's usually only one, and never all those present in
the Bibtex file. I've tried this both on 'real-world' (ie. messy)
BibTeX files, and very simple and correct ones.

Is this feature in the early stages and so just not reliable yet? Or
is there something I should be setting up (\bibliography and
\bibliographystyle)?

Cheers,

CB.