Re: [gedit-list] Feature request: 'syntax=xxxx' modeline support

On gio, 2007-05-24 at 10:11 +0200, Steve Fr�naux wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-05-24 at 08:55 +1000, John Pye wrote:
>
> > I wonder if there might be the possibility of adding syntax highlighting
> > support to the modelines plugin.  Here are some examples where it would
> > be useful.
>
> I agree, just waiting for your patch ;-) But yeah it would be possible
> quite easily.

It's not as trivial as it sounds: gtksourceview 1 does not have a API to
get a language by 'id'.
GtkSourceView2 has gtk_source_language_manager_get_language_by_id so
it's way easier to do. If someone really wants it for gsv1, the plugin
has to keep an internal dictionary mapping ids to mime types.