[gedit-list] tabulation plugin

Hi.

I created a plugin that define tabulation as following:

.py 4 spaces
.php 4 spaces
.rb 2 spaces

The problem is that the gtksourceview isn't applying my settings. I
put the line below to debug a python file

print "[tabulation] use_spaces: %s, tab_size: %s" % (use_spaces, tab_size)
print "[tabulation] get_insert_spaces_instead_of_tabs: %s" %
view.get_insert_spaces_instead_of_tabs()

and the output was

[tabulation] use_spaces: True, tab_size: 4
[tabulation] get_insert_spaces_instead_of_tabs: True

but when I press tab key, the main setting (4-size tab)  is being applied.

This used to work when I first created this plugin -- Jan 2007 -- but
stopped working now. Back that time, I think I was using Ubuntu Edgy
and now I'm in Ubuntu Feisty.

Any tip?

--
Nando Vieira