[gedit-list] Line Number Colors

Hello, I recently went from Gentoo (Fluxbox) to Ubuntu (Gnome) (I didnt feel like redoing Gentoo) and I am going to start using gedit in place of nano or notepad++ (windows).  However one problem exists, with the gnome theme/colorscheme I've set up, gedit displays the background for the line numbers as white, and the text as a very light gray, which makes them unreadable.  I have no other problems throughout gnome.  I need to know if there is a way to manually override the line number color (text) or the background color.  I cannot find one in the gedit prefs, or in gconf-editor. Any help would be appreciated.