Re: [gedit-list] trouble installing plugins

Il giorno sab, 23/06/2007 alle 08.47 +0800, Xin ha scritto:
> Hi Paolo,
>
> Thank you so much for the reply. I'd really get to give gedit a good
> try with Rails as it seems pretty good.
>
> My trouble is the snapopen plugin is now showing in
> preferences->plugins. Where as others including snippets are.
>
> I am using Ubuntu Feisty. Gedit 2.18.1. I have python bindings for
> gedit installed.
>
> Any other ideas?

I can't download snapopen to try right now (web page seem to be down),
but assuming that the plugin is downloadable as a .tgz, did you extract
the file before putting them in ~/.gnome2/gedit/plugins?

You should end up with something like:

~/.gnome2/gedit/plugins/snapopen.gedit-plugin
~/.gnome2/gedit/plugins/snapopen.py

Feel free to drop by on irc in #gedit on irc.gnome.org, it may be easier
to figure out what's wrong interactively.

ciao