Re: [gedit-list] URL launcher

Hi Nando,

Thanks for the quick reply.

You're right - I don't understand Portuguese ;), but I think I
understand how this works from online translator.

I tried adding your script to External Tools Manager, but when I click
'close' the dialog remains open.  Are you saying the script needs to
be converted to Python for it to work?  I understand neither language.
:(

David.

On 19/06/07, Nando Vieira <fnando vieira gmail com> wrote:
On 6/19/07, David Laws <davidlaws1 googlemail com> wrote:
> I need gedit to be able to launch URLs from documents.  Is this possible?

Hi David,

Take a look at this external tool:

http://simplesideias.com.br/executando-comandos-direto-do-gedit/

You probably won't understand a thing but you'll be able to copy the
code (portuguese only for now).

Ah, I wrote it using ruby but it's easy to convert it to python.

--
Nando Vieira
bloggin' @ http://simplesideias.com.br