Re: [gedit-list] Syntax highlighting: set once, highlight everything

2007/2/16, Ayumi Yonosa <yonosa gmail com>:
Hi there,

One minor annoyance for me in the way syntax highlighting is
handled in Gedit is that you have to spend quite some time
setting up all of your (so pretty!) colors for every single language
you are likely to code in.

Unless I'm missing something extremely trivial, there is no way
to set your preferences and have it applied to all other languages.
It is more flexible the way it is, true, but it is always a major (ok,
minor) annoyance each time you're using a (yet-unset) file type.

Comments on this anyone?

Ayumi

I totally agree. I prefer dark backgrounds, and there is no easy way
to update the syntax highlighting settings for all file types. Would
it be possible to create a default color profile, and make all the
different file type settings derive from it?

--
Trond Danielsen