Re: [gedit-list] Automatic refresh of files already open in gedit

On mer, 2007-02-07 at 13:40 -0800, Bryan Noll wrote:
> Scenario I would like:
>
> - I have a file open with gedit.
> - That file gets modified (either edited by another application, or deleted
> and re-created with new information in it by some other process).
> - When I go back to gedit, the file either automatically refreshes so it has
> the most recent data in it, or it prompts me and asks me if I'd like to
> update it.
>
> Is there a setting or plugin that will allow for what I'm describing?

Hi Bryan,

	this feature has been implemented in the newest gedit, you need to
upgrade to 2.17.4 [*] or wait for 2.18 to be released in a month or so.

ciao
	Paolo

* 2.17.X are development releases, but in this case they should be
stable enough for normal use