Re: [gedit-list] Will gEdit implement a "replace in selection" function?

Well to bring up a now inferior text editor (especially after 2.19.91:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=3275104), Notepad++ wraps a
selection box around "Replace All" and a check box that says "In
selection".

Currently, as of 2.19.91, you have 2 text fields ("Search for:",
"Replace with:"), 4 check boxes ("Match case", "Match entire word
only", "Search backwards", "Wrap Around") and 4 buttons ("Close",
"Replace All", "Replace", "Find"). Why not simply add a 5th checkbox
if a selection is present? Then disable it when there is no selection?

Sorry to spam a development list, but I'd just like to thank
everyone's work on gEdit. The implementation of highlighting embedded
PHP variables in strings, the new "Add Scheme" dialogue, and the dark
theme "Oblivion" (unless this was added by an Ubuntu developer) are
all fantastic, long awaited features.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Long live open source.