Re: [gedit-list] intuitive gedit encoding support

Hi,
	you can choose the encoding to use to open a given file in the file
chooser dialog (File->Open) or you can use the --encoding command line
parameter when opening from the command line.
You can also tell gedit to try to autodetect windows-1251 encoded files
modifying the value of
the /apps/gedit-2/preferences/encodings/auto_detected gconf key (using
for example gconf-editor).
If windows-1251 is a frequently used encoding in you language you can
ask russian translators to add to the russian translator a translation
for the value of the above gconf key.

Bye,
Paolo