Re: [gedit-list] "import" functionality in Python plugin

--- Steve Frécinaux <nudrema gmail com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-04-30 at 23:02 +0100, Bob Allerum
> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > How would I allow the user to specify a file to
> open
> > in a file dialog, before processing ("importing")
> the file?
>
> Your question is not clear at all. What do you want
> to do exactly ?
>
> As is, I'd answer: click on the open icon on the
> toolbar.

Sorry. I have created a menu item in the file menu
called "Import Markdown file". When the user selects
this I would like the normal file open dialog to
appear, and when the user has chosen a file to load
and clicked "Open", I would like to load the file,
process it, and show the processed file in a new tab.