Re: [gedit-list] taglist xml syntax

Il giorno gio, 19/04/2007 alle 11.32 +0200, nick humphrey ha scritto:
> maybe its just me, but the xml syntax seems a little silly:
>     <gedit:Tag name="a">
>       <gedit:Begin>&lt;a&gt;</gedit:Begin>
>       <gedit:End>&lt;/a&gt;</gedit:End>
>     </gedit:Tag>
>
> why have both a begin and and end tag when you could just put
> everything into one tag?
>     <gedit:Tag name="a">
>       <gedit:Begin>&lt;a&gt;&lt;/a&gt;</gedit:Begin>
>     </gedit:Tag>
>
> this works fine....Begin could for example be replaced with Code...

Mind you, I have not checked my facts here, but I think that the
difference is that if you select some text and then insert the tag, you
end up with <a>the text selected</a>. Beside also without selection, the
cursor gets placed between the Begin and End part.

> and why does the xmlns link to something that doesn't exist?
> <gedit:TagList xmlns:gedit="http://gedit.sourceforge.net/some-location";>

This is just a leftover (the taglist plugin is old!), but since we
didn't see any gain in changing it, we left it like that to avoid
unexpected surprises.