Re: [gedit-list] how to edit the tag list plugin html.tags file

Il giorno mer, 18/04/2007 alle 12.32 +0200, nick humphrey ha scritto:
> i'm using gedit 2.18.1 on ubuntu linux feisty fawn. i want to
> personalize/improve the xhtml tag list.

That's great. Feel free to send a patch with your improvements.

>  when i unpack the HTML.tags.gz
> file (/usr/share/gedit-2/taglist/HTML.tags.gz) and edit HTML.tags, zip
> it back up as a gz and then replace the original gz file i see no
> changes in the list (even after restarting gedit). how do i edit the
> tag list?

What you describe should work just fine as far as I know. Are you sure
you actually restarted gedit? Maybe you still had some other window open
in another workspace and didn't notice...

Other than that you could try to run from a terminal "strace gedit |
grep HTML 2>&1" and see if your file is the one that actually gets
loaded.

Paolo