Re: [gedit-list] Automatic indentation versus smart indentation

Il giorno mar, 10/04/2007 alle 10.47 -0500, Benjamin Gramlich ha
scritto:
> Hello,
>
> Has a plugin been developed for gedit that automatically detects
> language syntax and indents on the return key. For example,
> automatically indenting all text inside of a for loop once the curly
> brace has been entered? I'm using the automatic indentation feature, but
> that only indents the code if I've already hit the tab button and
> doesn't backspace when I close the brace or the tag.

No, there isn't such a plugin yet, but obviously it would be very
welcome. Note however that it's far form trivial, since the rules would
be specific to each language. I know there is ongoing work in
MonoDevelop to support better autoindentaion at least for C# and C,
maybe some ideas could be borrowed from there if anyone wants to
implement it.

ciao
	Paolo