Re: [gedit-list] Save button sensitivity

Thanks, that's all i needed.

I share your opinion that it's preferable for it to always stay
sensitive. Just decided to ask because i was getting this question
from users of a project of mine - Gnome Subtitles - and thought that
gEdit, a reference for me for its GUI, should have discussed it
previously.

On 10/14/06, Paolo Borelli <pborelli katamail com> wrote:
Il giorno sab, 14/10/2006 alle 14.25 +0100, Pedro Castro ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if you guys have discussed it previously whether the
> Save button on the toolbar (and the menuitem) should be set
> insensitive after saving. Like is done in many programs, when there
> aren't more changes to save, the button is set insensitive. What do
> you think about it?

Yes, it's been discussed before. You may find the whole discussion
somewhere in bugzilla.

The short answer, is that saving is always a lecit operation even if
there are no pending changes, so it should always be available. Suppose
for instance that the file has been deleted or changed outside of gedit
[1]...

paolo

[1] and no, monitoring the file is not a viable solution: all the file
monitoring technologies have a lot of bugs and limitations.

--
Pedro Castro
http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~prmc