Re: [gedit-list] resurrecting ctags plugin

Op donderdag 30-11-2006 om 13:20 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Frederic
Back:

> Another idea would be to use the ctags sources to write a symbol parser
> library, but this is not a job I would like to do.
>
> I would really welcome suggestions about how to solve that problem.

I've had this idea for about a year now and was planning on starting the
development of such a library for the 2.18 release. I really don't have
the time unfortunately, but at least with some willing people we could
discuss the issue.

My idea (in global terms) was:
- take ctags parsers and clean them up/objectify them to allow
  better integration into applications.
- provide symbol lookup
- provide symbol updates in the background
- provide a way for the application to do autocompletion
- etc.

This is a lot of work, but would benefit so many. All editors
(monodevelop, anjuta) all use their own implementations of the same
concept. A library to do all this in general would be great. Let me know
if anyone is interested.

--
Jesse van den Kieboom

Visit: http://www.icecrew.nl