Re: [gedit-list] Gedit updates for Ubuntu

Il giorno lun, 06/11/2006 alle 10.43 +1100, Peter Anderson ha scritto:
> Hi! This may seem like a silly question but are there any Ubuntu
> repositories where I can get automatic updates for the latest releases
> of Gedit.
>
> The only 'official' Ubuntu repository
> (http://packages.ubuntulinux.org/breezy/gnome/gedit) has Gedit 2.12 (or
> 2.14 at a Debian repository) which is a long way behind the latest release.

that's because you are using the unbuntu "breezy" release. If you
upgrade to a newer version of ubuntu, it will ship the latest software.
For instance the freshly released ubuntu "edgy", it ships gnome 2.16 and
thus gedit 2.16.

http://packages.ubuntulinux.org/edgy/gnome/gedit

Note however that it's not a good idea to try to install newer packages
on a older distro release, since also all the its dependencies need to
be upgraded.

ciao