Re: [gedit-list] gedit 2.15.2 released

Hi,

> I do think that the keystroke for changing between tabs needs to be
> shown in the menus.

You are right, please file a bug in bugzilla (better if containing a
patch).

> (and it should be ctrl-TAB or ctrl-PgUp, not
> ctrl-alt-PgUp, which is a pain).

As we already explained several times, this choice is not up to us.
We are following gtk+ default.

> I also think that it shouldn't default to opening multiple copies of
> documents -- it should default to raising the already-open document's
> tab. I think that opening multiple copies of the same document is a very
> rare use-case compared to someone opening something that they forgot
> they had already opened.

Have you tried gedit 2.14? We have changed the behavior a bit but as we
already discussed on the mailing list and/or on bugzilla, we still need
to tune the new behavior a bit. I think we have found a nice solution...
wait and see :)

> Regarding the 'common user': the common user for something like gedit
> *is* a programmer.

In our opinion, the common users for gedit are:
a. system administrators
b. programmers
c. people opening random README files

If you are using gedit for other reasons... well, you are on your own :)
Actually, let us know what you are using gedit for.

I think we are working well for users a, quite well for users b but we
still fail to offer a good solution for users c.

You may argue users c are very important. We agree :)

Ciao,