Re: [gedit-list] gedit 2.15.2 released

On Mon, May 15, 2006 4:08 pm, Steve Frécinaux wrote:
> gedit is the official text editor of GNOME

And a fine editor! However, I am disapointed to discover,
once again, how elitist the GNOME community is. I've opened
a discussion some time ago about the fact that gedit,
the default/official text editor of GNOME, is (ab)using
tabs, in a manner that is not in the HIG spirit.

I was asked to explain why that is a problem. I did, as well
as other people. We were silently ignored. This is turning
into a very sad experience. For an old-timer. I'm just trying
not to think of what people new to Linux must think of us.

--
Dimi Paun <dimi lattica com>
Lattica, Inc.