Re: [gedit-list] Advanced Editing Plugin

Marcus Lunzenauer wrote:
Hello!

After switching from kate to gedit I missed some editing features. Although I do not know GTK or Python, I tried writing a such a plugin to enable certain editing functions which the GTK keybinding theme "Emacs" provides:

'Delete Char'
'Delete Char Backwards'
'Delete Word'
'Delete Word Backwards'
'Delete To End Of Line'
'Kill Line'
'Remove Whitespace'
'Reduce Whitespace'

I am experiencing some bugs when disabling this plugin, but will pursue those issues in time.

Perhaps this plugin is helpful for you too,

Bye, Marcus

Hi Marcus, great work!

I am sure that many people will find this useful since it has been requested more than once.

Would you mind creating a page on the wiki (live.gnome.org/Gedit), attach the plugin there so that people can find it easily and link the page in the "plugins" section of the gedit page?

ciao