Re: [gedit-list] gedit syntax highlighting: adding a .lang file

Maybe it would be worth checking that it works when you drop it in /usr/share/gtk-sourceview-1.0/language-specs/*.lang. Assuming you have root access. This works for me with my file, at
https://pse.cheme.cmu.edu/svn-view/ascend/code/trunk/pygtk/interface/ascend.lang?view=markup

Note that your file won't automatically be recognised by gedit unless you have the mime type registered as well, with a *.desktop file, I think it is. You will have to specify the highlighting mode manually for your file unless you have the *.desktop file.

Cheers
JP

Paolo Borelli wrote:

Colin Brace wrote:

I have created a .lang file for a scripting language I dabble in, Rexx, and it copied to ~/gtksourceview-1.0/language-specs. However, when I start up gedit, it doesn't automatically add it to the list of recognized languages. Do I have to recompile the source for this to happen? I am using gedit-2.10.2-4 under Fedora Core 4.

Looking more closely, the proper dir is ~/.gnome2/gtksourceview-1.0/language-specs (dunno if this is the problem or if you omitted ".gnome2" only in the mail)

Thanks,

Colin