[gedit-list] Enhancement requested

Hi,

I have been flipping back and forth between using gvim and gedit.  I really like gedit with the tabs.  It helps when I am working multiple source files.  However, gvim has one feature that keeps drawing me to it.

When I reopen a file in gvim, it remembers where I was at in the last session and that is where it opens into the file.  That is very valuable.  Like I said, when I am working multiple source files, it helps to remember where I left off automatically.

As far as I know, gedit does not do this.  When I reopen a file, its always at the top, looking at the familiar gnu license stuff.  (I do development and testing for gfortran in my spare time).

Gedit is a great editor, good work.  I hope someone can add this feature in if it is not already there.  I am using the current release from Fedora Core 4.  ( I would look into it myself, but I am not familiar at all with the gedit project and it is probably not that difficult to do for someone who is.)

Thanks for your contributions to open software,

Jerry