Re: [gedit-list] File encoding detection
- From: Noup <lucky13 mail telepac pt>
- To: Paolo Borelli <pborelli katamail com>
- Cc: "\[ML\] Gedit" <gedit-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [gedit-list] File encoding detection
- Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:39:53 +0100
Paolo Borelli wrote:
Il giorno mer, 20/07/2005 alle 09.38 +0100, Noup ha scritto:
Ok, i see... so the reason why it usually works for me is because my
files are usually in utf8 or iso-8859-15 precisely.
Though, when GEdit is "trying", how does it check if the file is in utf8
It checks with g_utf8_validate and if it fails it tries to convert it to
utf-8 (since contents of GtkTextView must always be in utf-8).
The relevant code is in gedit-document.c
Thank you for the pointers, i found them to be very usefull.
] [Thread Prev