Re: [gedit-list] highlight mode cli switch

Il giorno lun, 04/07/2005 alle 21.48 -0500, Marc D. Murray ha scritto:
> Is there a command line switch that I can use to tell gedit what
> highlight mode to use for the document being opened?
>
> Or even better, where can I find the info to tell gedit what kind of
> encoding to use for specific file types.
>
> Reason:
> I work with a lot of XML files that have varying extensions based on the
> application, I don't want to have to set XML highlighting for each of 20
> XSL files, and then do it again when the files move to another folder.

Hi Marc,

	no, there isn't a command line switch to specify the highlighting: the
highlighting is determined by the mime type (except in the case were the
user specified a particular highlighting from the menu).

The proper way to solve this is to register the mime types for all your
file types as descenadant of the xml mime type: this way gedit should
fallback to the xml highlighting unless a more specific highlighting for
the format is available.

Unfortunately at the moment I don't recall exactly how to add a mime
type to the database...

Hope that helps