Re: [gedit-list] Can a plugin change the toolbar instead of a menu?

On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 09:47 +1000, Jessica Preston wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have recently been asked to implement a plugin for gedit so that a
> text entry field appears underneath, or as part of, the gedit toolbar
> (ie. between the "New" and other icons, and the document tabs). Is this
> possible using the currently exposed API? I've had a play with the
> existing plugins and managed a work-around solution using the menus, but
> the client would rather not have a separate window to work with.
>
> Any hints or tips would be appreciated.

I have never tried to implement it but I see two possible solutions:
- you should be able to add a second toolbar or to modify the
current one with some bonoboui magic.
- you could try to implement some hack to add a new widget to the
content of the main window (IIRC it is an hbox).

Clearly the first solution is the preferred one.