[gedit-list] gedit shell script plugin

Hi,

Let me first apologize to Paolo, it was a n00b mistake to send you an
email directly instead of sending it to the mailing list. Sorry!

Recently I've been writing a gedit plugin, one which allows for gedit to
have a dedicated scripts folder, just like Nautilus. The contents of
this folder is then monitored via GnomeVFS and updated in real time onto
the "Tools" menu in gedit.

When any of these scripts is activated, the current gedit selection is
redirected to their stdin, while their stdout is directed to the
document itself, making for a good way of filtering/generating text.

Also, stderr is presented using the gedit output panel (which is only
visible when at least one line is sent to stderr).

I've been using this to automatically generate code. For example, one
could write a script to access a database and then return an HTML form
which reflects a particular table... and so on.

Of course it's not 100% developed, I'm sure it has some bugs, but I'm
willing to keep coding it and improving it.  I'd just like to know
wether this would be a good addition to the current set of gedit plugins.

Should I file a bug and attach the code to it?

Cheers,
--
Rafael Jannone