Re: [gedit-list] Eleven reasons why I think gedit should have an SDI mode

Il giorno lun, 08/08/2005 alle 20.05 +0200, Ralph Aichinger ha scritto:
> Hello!
>
> The subject basically says it. I've written
> a short text, why I think that gedit should
> behave like Epiphany tabbed-SDI-wise.
>
> http://www.pangea.at/~ralph/gedit/
>

> I do *not* wish to put down the great work
> you have done in gedit, and I hope this does
> not come across that way. I am of course
> aware, that I, as a user, who is not able
> to change something on gedit by coding it
> myself, does have *no* rights whatsoever
> to "demand" any changes to gedit, but I
> do think, that not only for me gedit
> would be improved by a SDI mode (that
> still allows the use of tabs, just as
> in Ephy).

Hi Ralph!

Nice to see the reasons put up in a list, we pretty much identified the
same reasons when discussing this internally (though with different
conclusions about some of the points there). In fact I have a half done
write-up about this and some of the other UI decisions we made in gedit.

As I told you privately I leave on vacation in few hours and I don't
really have the time to go into details now, but I am really interested
in this discussion.

Since Paolo Maggi is on vacation too, I would like to ask you (and
anyone else on the list) to wait a week or two before further discussing
this (I'll be away a week, Paolo Maggi a bit more).

Feel free to prod me as soon as I get back, if I forget to follow up on
this discussion myself.

/me goes back to packing his stuff...