Re: [gedit-list] Autocomplete Plugin

I have build a new version of Autocomplete Plugin.

You can find my Autocomplete Plugin in:

http://usuarios.lycos.es/acisif/gedit/autocomplete/autocomplete.html

> > It's very useful. It works like OpenOffice Autocomplete.
> >
> > It's been tested in gedit-2.4 only. I think it works in other gedit versions.
> >
> > You can send me your questions.
> >

> I gave it a really quick try, but it seems to work nicely!
> (this is with the soon to be released gedit 2.8).
>
> I would like to hear the opinion of Paolo Maggi, but I think it would be
> a nice addition to gedit. Maybe you should open a bug in bugzilla and
> attach your work there.
>
> It looks like you haven't implemented yet a menu item for it, as
> suggestion I'd say it should go in the "tools" menu.

Implemented.

> I didn't have the time to read the code yet, but at a quick glance I
> noticed a couple of things
> - you forgot to add your name to the copyright line ;-)

Ok.

> - I see a fixed buffer in the struct... it may well be that it is ok
> since I have not read the code, but fixed length arrays always scare me
I have changed it. Now it uses GString.

> - some bits of the coding style need cleaning (spaces around operators,
> put the return type of funcs on a different line, do not use // comments
> etc)

Ok. Changed.

> - maybe add some comments explaining what the more important functions
> do

Ok. Changed.

> It would also be nice if you could use the autotools instead of an
> handcrafted Makefile... I know everybody hates them, but copying from
> another plugin should be easy enough. For example I had to change the
> makefile manually to install in a different prefix.

I have never used autotools. I'm reading manuals. Please, be patient.

> keep up the good work!
>

> ciao
> 	paolo

Thanks you.